Tuesday, November 4, 2014

love...hate?

i have had a love/hate relationship with fall over the years.
it is a time of glorious but fading beauty 
and it makes me tense, to some degree...

i feel pressured to appreciate it all before it goes away.  


nature can be a tough teacher...
time and time again, it makes me understand and appreciate THIS moment...
today. 
right now.


i don't want to miss a thing...







and at the end of the day,
i learn again, deep down in my soul,
that even though this too shall pass,
the wonder that is winter 
has a beauty all it's own.

and that, too, shall pass...


1 comment:

  1. We do tend to hold on to each season's gifts enjoying the beauty until it is no longer. Even though winter is not my favorite season there are some gifts to be enjoyed. I just have to look a little harder to find them…Your shots are beautiful; I especially love the water and the grasses….Light seems to make all the difference in the world….

    ReplyDelete