Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ride into the sunset...

so it was only tuesday and already it felt like the work week was taking a toll...
i had to run to the office supply store for paper and toner, so i grabbed my cameras and headed out. it was only 4pm but the sky was on fire, so i kept on driving, right past the store, right on to the river.
 
and i stayed out there until the crazy colors faded.  it was a stunning display. 
as i was getting back in my car, a young girl came flying up in her car
and jumped out with her phone, taking pictures.
i motioned her over and gave her my spot at the river's edge...
i felt like i was looking at a younger version of myself...definitely a different age, but with the same love and uncontrollable response to a sunset...something about it made me smile at her and at myself, with a whole lot more tolerance and forgiveness for myself for having driven right past the office store. 
 
sometimes, playing hooky for a sunset is very much the right thing to do...
i needed to see it from the outside in to realize that the fleeting things like a fabulous sunset are more important than supply replenishment :)
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment