Saturday, August 17, 2013

catching up on August Break...

I do stay pretty much on track, photographing the word of the day.
I also am somewhat consistent posting on facebook "photo hunt word of the day' page.
I just have been terrible at getting the pics on flickr or this blog.
no excuses, just...well, not good.
so here is a huge bunch of catch-up....
 
august 7 - skyline
rock harbor, cape cod...
my sister and I are trying to see each of the top 10 sunsets of cape cod together.
I found a link online that listed the 'top 10'
and it's given us some great sister-time this summer.
however, this beach was not listed.
I plan to post pics of the top eleven, once we are done :)
 
august 8 - a selfie
window into me.
or  more accurately, into an old library in Hyannis...
 
august 9 - taste
rainy cold summer day at the cape.
so joey and I drove to Falmouth with every other tourist that was looking for something to do on a rainy vacation day. it took 2 hrs instead of 45 minutes to get there but we got lucky, found a parking spot near a wonderful restaurant and had
a fabulous lunch...
 
august 10 - red
dinner with family at one of the sunset beaches,
mattakeese wharf restaurant in Barnstable.
a little cape cod red in the sunset...
 
august 11 - play
boys at play on a beautiful day at the shore...
 
august 12 - far away
finally went home to CT for a couple of days. 
this is my favorite road back home...
 
august 13 - home
my little old man, Mister, the one-eyed guy, is still in CT. 
when I was home, he never left my side. when I sat, he sat next to me.
when I went to the kitchen or the bathroom or upstairs, he was right there.
I think it's time to take him to the cape. we've been worried about how he'd handle the ride and the move, but it appears he is getting lonely for us and that hurts my heart.
time to get mister's bags packed :)
 
august 14 - stillness
sun setting over the Connecticut River...
 
august 15 - books
I took some old books, painted them white and added some black lettering. 
 I love them and they look nice in the cape cod bedroom.
 
august 16 - floral
my begonia.
an old one that I take inside, each winter, and put back on the deck for summer. 
it is a beauty.
I used a French-kiss texture to add the words
and a grunge texture from kim klassen.
it was fun to play with images again, been in the garden so long this summer,
I've been too tired to edit much of anything. looking forward to fall and a bit more time to play with all the pics I took this summer :)
 
I am grateful to Susannah and August Break for the focus. it's been great fun :)

2 comments:

  1. marie,from some of the beautiful sunsets you've posted from cape cod,the top 10 sunsets could easily be changed to the top 100 sunsets of cape cod and that still wouldn't be enough!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can see why they picked all of the ones I've seen so far, but how they narrowed it down to 10 is beyond me. way too many beaufiful places out here, and when you add in how even not-so-pretty places can look magical at sunset, ten does not seem to be enough. i agree totally, mike!

      Delete