Sunday, January 6, 2013

explore...

my word for 2013 is explore...
i am excited about it, it already has made an impact and it feels like it could make me stretch in a lot of different ways this year...
on friday morning, i went to the sunrise at the river like i do as often as i can.
i feel like i have photographed every bit of this little road along the river,
yet it calls me back day after day, season after season...
friday, i purposely 'explored' different angles,
and played with my macro lens.
i drove through the field instead of staying on the road, exploring a different section of the floodplain.  all in all, a great friday morning,
thanks to my new word...
 
 
 
 
then, on saturday morning, when i was driving to the river,
again the word 'explore' made its impact. 
i turned around and drove AWAY from the river,
and explored somewhere different for the sunrise.
i used to go to different places all the time but so fell in love with my secret river road that i've spent easily six months going there almost every day. 
by exploring some place different, two days in a row, i found beauty i was missing.
 thank you, my new word-for-2013,
you already are more than i could have hoped for...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
some images were enhanced with snapseed, some with kim klassen's textures....

No comments:

Post a Comment